IIRSM Approved Stress Risk Assessment Training course
Register interest in next live virtual training session
To register interest, complete form at foot of page or phone 0141 354 1431
A highly interactive and enjoyable full day course, with real life case studies to enhance learning and some role play. You will learn about organisational stress risk assessment and how to carry out an individual stress risk assessment based on a real life scenario or one from your own workplace. You will also develop an action plan based on the stress risk assessment. This is essential for learning and ensures that you are able to carry out a stress risk assessment which is effective and appropriate for your requirements within the workplace.
This updated course has had excellent feedback. It is mainly delivered in-house and is on how to implement the Management Standards and understand all the issues in tackling work-related stress. It is is designed to help employers meet their duties under the “Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations,” 1999, to assess the risk of stress-related ill health arising from work activities and under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
Comments from previous courses:
'Every manager should attend this course - very worthwhile' - Head of Department‘very knowledgeable trainer with good delivery method’, HR Manager‘Enjoyable day with small group’ OHA‘We will refer to occupational health sooner than we currently do’ HR Manager‘Brilliant Trainer’ HR Manager‘Will need to get more managers trained as this is essential training for them’ - HR Director‘I learnt a lot more and will use it in practice’ Operational Manager‘Feel more confident around the process’ H&S
Who is it suitable for?
Suitable for Directors, Heads of Department, Managers, Health and Safety, Human Resources, and Occupational Health professionals.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by work-related stress and its impact in the workplace
- Understand the HSE Management Standards approach
- Understand the six key areas and solutions to existing problems
- Understand the stress risk assessment process
- Evaluate risks, explore problems and identify solutions
- Carry out an individual risk assessment confidently
- Understand the importance of a stress policy
- Develop an action plan
What are the objectives?
- Define work-related stress and the impact within the workplace.
- Explain the legal aspects of work-related stress and the HSE Management Standards for work-related stress.
- Describe the six key areas of work design.
- Explain how to assess performance against the Management Standards
- Identify the stress risk factors at an organisational and individual level
- Explain how to focus on prevention and managing the causes of work-related stress
- Evaluate the risks
- How to adapt HSE's Management Standards approach to carry out an individual risk assessment and develop an action plan.
There is pre-course reading sent out prior to the course to give an overview of stress and the impact it can have.
Certificate of Passing
At the end of the course, there is a short assessment and all who pass will receive an IIRSM Certificate of Passing
Cost includes pre-course notes, handouts. Face to Face £295 Virtual live training £195