IIRSM Approved Stress and Mental Health Awareness
Physical, Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
This half day course raises awareness of the likely sources and causes of stress, pressure and impact on mental health. It is an introduction to manage and reduce personal stress. It will enable participants to identify stress in themselves and in others. Gain practical techniques to promote and maintain physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
The course is interactive and includes group discussion, full explanations, real life case studies, exercises and practical work. Numbers are limited to keep groups small.
Who is it suitable for?
Suitable for all to attend, an introduction for Team Leaders, HR and those with an interest in helping to reduce and manage stress within their organisation.
To register interest or for a quote to be delivered in-house on your premises, complete form above or phone 0141 354 1431.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by stress, pressure and mental health
- Understand the impact on physical and mental health
- Understand the importance of controlling stress
- Explain stress-related factors in the workplace
- Identify stress or mental health issue in colleagues and yourself
- Identify how to improve wellbeing
- Develop a Reflection and Action Plan
What are the objectives?
- Understanding stress and mental health
- Explain causes and signs of stress, anxiety, depression and burnout
- Explain impact on physical and mental health
- Identify workplace stressors
- Explain Legal and Health and Safety implications
- Describe techniques for work-related stressors
- Explain how to improve physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and become resilient to stress
Certificate of Attendence
All who attend will receive a IIRSM approved Certificate of Attendance.
Cost includes handouts, tips.
Comments from previous courses
'Was very educational. Be more aware of stress triggers and how to deal with them before they escalate' - Accountant
'Great course - good advice' - Training Adviser
'The course was taught well and it helps knowing others are feeling the same way - Administrator
'Trainer was fabulous. Try to put into action the coping mehanisms that I learned' - HR Co-ordinator