IIRSM Approved Managing Stress and Psychosocial Risks for Managers
This an updated full day course on how to manage stress and mental health including psychosocial risks within the workplace. Managers are key to managing stress and being proactive in their approach. How to have a proactive rather than a reactive approach to stress and common mental health conditions within the workplace. A highly interactive and enjoyable course, with real life case studies to enhance learning and some role play. You will learn how effective managing stress can be and how to be confident to have a conversation with an employee under stress or with a mental health condition.
The course will help towards ISO 45003 guidance standard identifying all the psychosocial risk factors which are based on extensive research and review of empirical data. By focusing on psychosocial risks in the workplace will lead to a psychologically safe workplace.
To register interest or for a quote to be delivered in-house, complete form above or phone 0141 354 1431
Who is it suitable for?
For managers, team leaders, occupational health, human resources, health and safety and anyone with an interest in effective management of stress and psychosocial risks in the workplace.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify stress and psychosocial risk factors
- Recognise early signs of stress
- Identify HSE and legal implications
- Complete an individual stress/mental health risk assessment
- Implement strategies to manage stress and psychosocial factors
- Implement a supportive return to work for all staff and having a positive conversation
- Identify strategies to enable a good work/life balance
What are the objectives?
- Explain the importance of managing stress and psychosocial risks
- Describe the impact of stress and psychosocial factors at work
- Identify early signs of stress, its impact and when to take action
- Explain HSE and Legal implications
- Describe guidance on interventions for work-related stress at an organisational and an individual level
- Explain how to effectively manage stress and psychosocial risk factors
- Understanding and supporting the return-to-work process
- Demonstrate ways to lead and promote a resilient and healthy lifestyle
Comments from previous courses:
"Good pace and enjoyed the role play which will be useful back at work" - Head of Department, University
"I had been on the half day course and found this course has been helpful for all I am dealing with at work" - Construction Supervisor
"Trainer had in-depth knowledge of the subject. As we have ISO 45001 this was an essential course to attend to help in implementing ISO 45003." - HR Manager