YSM Solutions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We are committed to protecting personal data and to complying with data protection legislation in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The following privacy notice explains how YSM Solutions uses personal information collected, what we do with the information, who the information is shared with and the right of an individual to access their data.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
YSM Solutions may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2018 and updated annually.
What we collect
When you do business with us or register for our training or request information, we may collect the following information:
· name and job title
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. When filling out an enquiry from our website or attending a training course, you will be given the opportunity to provide your consent to YSM Solutions processing defined personal information through opting into future services. By providing your consent you agree to YSM Solutions sending you communications from time to time. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matters relating to the service to which the consent relates as outlined below:-
· If collected through attending a course and completing a feedback form or through a website enquiry, we will store your data securely for the purpose of sending you future information relating to upcoming courses.
· If collected from attending one of our training courses your information will be sent securely to the relevant third party (approval body) for certification purposes where relevant.
· If collected from attending one of our approved training courses your information will be stored securely for the defined retention period that relates to the type of course you attended.
· If you provide consent, we may also contact you about other products and services that are provided by YSM Solutions which may be of interest to you.
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
· YSM Solutions work with International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) who approve some of our courses and may share data when booking courses
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites - Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or on a booking form or evaluation form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to YSM Solutions, 272 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4JR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or via their website www.ico.org.uk/concerns
When you visit this site, you can surf the site anonymously and access information without revealing your identity. In order to improve our site, we may use a “cookie” to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and preferences. You can change your settings on your computer. By using the site we assume that you are happy to receive cookies from this site.
To learn more about cookies - Go to www.allaboutcookies.org