Free Absence Management Best Practice Seminar
This seminar will help to improve attendance with a best practice approach and improve engagement and presenteeism. It will include real life case studies and an effective approach to reduce sickness absence.
Who should attend?
Suitable for managers, team leaders, business owners, HR
When is the next seminar?
Register interest by complete form on this page and we will be in touch with details and guest speaker.
For employers to refer a member of staff for an sickness absence management (case management) referral
We offer a proactive approach to absence management with our case management service. The service is for managers, HR, small and medium business owners, who are concerned about the health of one of their employees. The service is provided by Occupational Health Advisers (OHA) who are all appropriately trained and are on the NMC register. There are times when a referral will require to be made to an Occupational Health Physician (OHP) such as for ill health retiral and this is a service we provide through one of our partners.
The service is provided face to face in the Glasgow area, onsite at your premises or over the telephone. Any queries or if you would like more information, please complete the form above.
Why sould you access the service?
Some of the reasons why managers refer to YSM Solutions are:-
- the employee has had several episodes of short term absence, and following discussions with the manager has concerns
- the employee has been off sick with stress or anxiety and depression
- Returning to work after being of sick and the manager requires advice on phased return and/or reasonable adjustments
- Work related shoulder, back, upper limb
- Have been off for four weeks or more and no return date
- A healthy issue which may be contributing to performance issues
- A long term health problem which is concerning the manager and considering modifications in the workplace
- A work related health problem or an existing health problem appearing to worsen at work
Making a referral
With our many years experience, we have found that it is best practice to be proactive rather than reactive when there are any sickness absence issues. It is best to refer as early as possible rather than leaving it for several weeks. If you are not sure, please get in touch for a discussion at no cost to you.
Before making a referral, the line manager should meet with the employee, or contact them, to discuss the reasons for the referral. However, if the employee is absent from work, the manager should discuss the referral when they are making regular contact with them.
A management referral form should be completed by the manager answering all the questions and if there is space for any specific questions to be asked. Please complete the form above and a form will be sent to you.